Saturday, June 12, 2010

Ready, Set, Cook

So, after being asked a million times for different recipes, I've decided to start a blog. I was inspired by my sister-in-law, who has a great blog, Food Junkie from Texas, that I have recommended to several of my friends. I LOVE to cook, and I love to experiment with new flavors and combinations. Plus, I'm always looking for new ways to present "old" dishes. I have four kids, two of which eat pretty much whatever I put in front of them, and two that are a bit picky. They and my husband are my culinary guinea pigs. Sometimes they love it - sometimes not.

I'm also trying to feed them as healthy as I can. So, I'm always on the look out for good, easy recipes that are good for us. A lot of what I cook starts out from a recipe that I found somewhere else, then I kind of do my own thing to it. Also, I do a lot of trial and error in the kitchen. Those are usually either the best or the worst - nothing in between.

I'd like to not only use this as a sounding board for anything that I find that either makes things easier in the kitchen or makes things healthier. I'm also an avid reader, so I may from time to time talk about whatever book I'm reading at the time. I'll try to make sure to keep those short. :)

So, all that being said, happy reading and I hope I can bring a little creative cooking to your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment