We got some fresh peaches from a local orchard, and I wanted to make some kind of pancake with them. I LOVE using fresh fruit in my baking - especially breakfast. So, I did an online search for some ideas, and I found a Weight Watchers recipe for Baked Peach Pancakes. It's more like a cobbler, but not anywhere near as sweet. So, it's perfect for breakfast or brunch. My kids really liked it. I got a great compliment from Dillon, "Mom, you're the best cooker. Even my teacher says so." Okay, I had to brag a bit. ;)
I changed up the recipe a little bit here and there, and I really like the results. Next time, though, I will probably use more peaches - cover the bottom of the 9x13 with them. Alll the nutritional info did not come from me. It was included with the recipe, and I have no idea if it's correct or not. Plus, with all my changes, it's probably not the same anyway.
Baked Peach Pancakes
Makes 6 servings
2 cups peeled and sliced fresh peaches (3 medium)
6 eggs (I used Egg Beaters)
1 cup flour ( I used Whole Wheat flour)
6 tablespoons butter
1 cup milk (I used buttermilk)
1/3 cup sugar
1 teaspoon almond extract or vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat the oven to 375° F.
2. Spray 2 1/2 quart casserole or 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray.
3. Melt butter in baking dish in oven.
4. Beat eggs slightly in large bowl with wire whisk.
5. Beat in flour, sugar, salt, milk and almond or vanilla extract until smooth.
6. Stir peaches into butter in baking dish. Return to oven 2 or 3 minutes until sizzling.
7. Pour batter over peaches.
8. Bake about 20 minutes or until puffed and golden.
9. Serve with warmed Peach preserves or Maple syrup, if desired.
WW POINTS per serving: 8
Nutritional information per serving: 344 calories, 18.3g fat, 1.4g fiber