Sunday, June 13, 2010

Breakfast with Aunt Daphne

My sister-in-law has been visiting this week, and she went home today. :(

But, before she left this morning, we made breakfast (of course). She went blueberry picking yesterday, so we decided to make blueberry pancakes. Yum Yum. I made up the batter last night and put it in the fridge. Then, this morning we added the blueberries and cooked up the pancakes. I have to say they were great. I cut up some strawberries and some cantalope (bought from a local produce stand) to put on the side. Great summer time breakfast!!



Of course, my two little guys had to help. So, on with the aprons and chef hats and we had two very eager assistants. They wanted to put the blueberries in the batter and help with the fruit - they really ate more fruit that they helped with. Everyone had fun cooking together, and afterwards, eating together. Dad even came in from working on the "Man Cave" to eat with us. :)



Here is the finished product. Blueberry pancakes with strawberries and canalope. Don't get too impressed, the pancakes were started from Heart Smart Bisquick that I jazzed up a bit. I added cinnamon, vanilla extract, and a bit of Splenda to the mix. Plus, instead of eggs, I used Egg Beaters. Hey. at least I attempted to keep them healthy! :)






1 comment:

  1. What cutie-pies our boys are! The pancakes were very yummy and I am already wanting some more blueberries. I ended up coming home with 8 cups. Mom had 18! :) I can't wait to some back and spend more time with everyone. Love ya bunches!

    ReplyDelete